Monday, April 09, 2007

All About The Money?

Yesterday I was staring at Our Mother of Perpetual Help icon, the one my late gradmother left us. I was talking to Her in my head, I asked her questions about money and being rich. Why money means a world. Why people want them so much that they'd work their asses out everyday just to earn and save them to be rich.

I, honestly also want to be rich. Who the hell doesn't want big houses, sleek cars, good food, gadgets here and there, travel everywhere?! Aren't these sweet?

Of course the icon did not talk back. So I just threw in more questions. When am I going to be rich? Where am I going to get tons of money? Is it by staying in this job? Is it by marrying an old billionaire perhaps? Is it by winning in a lottery? Is it by reward, returning a bag of money to the owner after finding it in the sidewalk? Or is it by stealing the bag instead? Does God really have a plan for me to get rich? Or do the lines in my palm read "youaregoingtobetherichestinworldtomorrow"? Will I ever get rich? Am I born to be rich rich? Or am I just going to die poor, inside a hard plain coffin?

There were still a lot of questions which I could no longer recall. I thought Mother of Perpetual Help crossed her eyebrows on me. But I stared harder at her instead. I told her that if I can help make the lives of my relatives, neighbors, and poor strangers better without the use of money then this "money matters" will be gone in my head.

No comments: