Saturday, May 19, 2007

22


Today, I turn 22. No candles to blow or cakes to slice. No ice cream melting on a sugar cone or loot bags full of candies. Of course... all these are kiddy parties' highlights. Grown up girls like me should have grown up "highlights" on her birthday like a bottle of red wine or champagne, perhaps a big roasted turkey fresh from the oven or maybe lobsters, and a bowl of vegetable salad... a truely luscious dinner.

Then there, sitting beside me is the person that would put a slice of turkey on my plate and pour a wine on my glass. Good food along with healthy laughter and conversation with the rest of the family and special friends, all enjoying the evening away. Then a scrumptious dinner would lead to a romantic waltz. My feet move along with his, and only the song he whispers on my ears is the rhythm both of us is keeping up with. He'd stare at me and gaze to the stars... and think... just maybe he'd think... 'I've always been the one made and sent for him.'

Hmmmm... so much for that drama... snap back to reality.

I'm broke. I only have enough money to survive till the 25th.
I received plenty of birthday greetings and wishes through SMS and several phonecalls.
And all I could respond is "thank you."
I've got two scripts to do for tomorrow. Videos to review. People to call up for an interview. Papers to read. This is just another ordinary day. Away from family, friends and Ben.

But of course... there are still reasons to celebrate. Good health, good people I get to spend my time with, people I love and who love me just the same, a work my family can be proud of... God had always been so generous despite my shortcomings. All these call for a celebration.

Today, I raise my coke in can, and say... to a more beautiful life ahead.

1 comment:

jac velasco said...

Hi yennie.... happy nirthday diya.. belated najud kaayo!!!

So what's with 22? A digit repeated twice which (for me) means that we have to double our efforts... hehehehe I'd be turning 22 pa Yen and I don't know if id get excited or not... But I sure happy to be 22 for sure coz I can at least be matured enough to compare myself with my friends who are now 27... Hehehehehe

Miss yah yennie... more birthdays to come! Drop by diay niya sa akong new site, same content gihapon pero different URL na lang... www.itsjac.wordpress.com...